Personal blog - and temporary home page until new website is finished - of writer, editor and graphic artist Christopher Mills


Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wednesday Cover: Gorgo!

I finally ordered the IDW hardcover collection of the Gorgo comic books illustrated by the legendary Steve Ditko for Charlton Comics back in the early Sixties. This cover, from issue #2, is no doubt included in that volume, which should arrive here by Saturday. I'm really looking forward to digging into it. The only Gorgo comic I've read was the first issue, which Charlton reprinted in a terrific 1966 one-shot called Fantastic Giants (which paired it with the first issue of Konga, also by Ditko).

The new Blu-ray edition of the Gorgo film supposedly came out yesterday. With luck, I'll get my hands on that disc soon....

1 comment:

El Vox said...

I didn't know those Gorgo comics existed, but doesn't surprise me with the movie tie-in. Hope they are fun reading. I haven't seen that movie in a while. Speaking of giant monsters you've heard of the new Pacific Rim movie--more giant mayhem.