Personal blog - and temporary home page until new website is finished - of writer, editor and graphic artist Christopher Mills


Friday, December 16, 2011

EXPENDABLES 2!

I don't care how stupid you thought it was, but I loved The Expendables (and even bought and watched the extended cut on Blu-ray this week). It reminded me of weekends in my twenties when I was living in Bath, Maine next door to my pal Mark Gerardi. Almost every Saturday, we would get together, rent a big stack of action movies on VHS, grab some food, and hang out all afternoon, watching the movies of Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Van Damme...  It's because of these fond memories - at least, in large part - that I loved The Expendables, and I suspect I'm going to love the sequel even more.


What can I say? Dumb action films are my recreational drug of choice...

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

I liked Expendables OK but don't know if I can be said to be eagerly awaiting 2.