Personal blog - and temporary home page until new website is finished - of writer, editor and graphic artist Christopher Mills


Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday Morning Musings

Been a damned busy month. The biggest thing was building and launching my new DVD Late Show 2.0 website, especially the finding, revising and re-posting of over 350 reviews, dating back to March of 2005. I think I've got nearly all of the DVDLS reviews up now except for about a dozen that need more extensive reformatting. And, of course, I'm trying really hard to keep new reviews coming on a weekly basis.

If you haven't been by the new site yet, please take a few minutes and drop by. There will be at least five new reviews posted on Tuesday, and I'll be announcing the first new free DVD giveaway of 2010 the same day.

I'm also busting my ass to try and wrap up any outstanding writing commitments before Spring. I'm determined to get ahead on the Kolchak comic and wrap up the short stories I've been asked to write in the next few weeks. Then, hopefully, I can get going on some new projects that have been percolating, both creator-owned and work-for-hire.

Anyway, health-wise, I'm doing better than usual, and have lost ten pounds or so since New Year's. The house is cold, the pets are fine. Financially, things are still pretty crappy, but the wife and I are taking some steps to rectify that, and, if all goes well, things should be getting better on that front this year, too.

I actually managed to get out to the theater last week to see Sherlock Holmes with Robert Downey and Jude Law. Overall, I liked it quite a bit; a few quibbles, but nothing major.

I found a theater in the area that's showing Avatar in 3-D, so I'm hoping to persuade the wife to go with me to see it this week or next. I'm really not all that excited by what I've seen and heard about it, but if I'm going to see it, I at least want to see it in 3-D.

Not much else to report. If you're on Facebook, look me up.

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

Good seeing you on Facebook. I haven't been able to check out the DVD site yet. I see so few movies in general.