Personal blog - and temporary home page until new website is finished - of writer, editor and graphic artist Christopher Mills


Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Feelin Groovy...

Well not "groovy," really, but I'm in a fair state of mind tonight. Which is a serious improvement.

I've been having a(nother) rough time lately. I never really got back in the groove after my foot problems this summer, and in recent weeks have been battling full-bore, Barton Fink-staring-blankly-at-the-walls writer's block (which accounts, in part, for the recent dearth of blog posts). My wife and I also - like a fairly large, and getting larger every day, percentage of our countrymen and women - have some pressing and distressing money problems on our minds. Oh, and a job I was counting on this winter completely fell through.

The worst, though, has been the writer's block. Now, I know that there are number of successful and prolific scribes who insist that there is no such thing, but I'm here to tell you (and I know a few reputable scribblers who'll back me up) that they're both incredibly lucky... and plain frakkin' wrong.

With me, the more I struggled with it, the more I worried, and the anxiety grew debilitating. Fortunately, a friend gave me a good talking to this week, and helped me see what was causing my problem. Now, for the moment, anyway, I seem to be getting past it.

I got my DVD column written this week on time, and tonight I took the script that I've been choking on, and just scrapped it, starting from scratch. So far, that seems to be working.

So... if all goes well, you'll be seeing more posts here soon.

1 comment:

Craig Zablo said...

Glad to hear the good news. Hang in there, Chris.