Personal blog - and temporary home page until new website is finished - of writer, editor and graphic artist Christopher Mills


Friday, April 24, 2009

Funk-y Town

I haven't posted in a while, but then, I haven't been online much. I've been in something of a mental/emotional funk, and also my sciatica has been acting up, so it's been uncomfortable to sit at the computer for long.

My productivity – never anything to brag about – has been suffering, but I'm plugging away slowly on things. I did take yesterday off, pretty much, though. Instead of working, I became obsessed with compiling a DVD-R of Eighties action movie trailers for... well, no reason, I guess. I mean, no one's likely to ever watch it but me. But it was fun digging through my collection for my favorite old previews and transferring them to a dedicated disc. A bunch of Chuck Norris flix are represented, of course, and plenty of Sho Kosugi, along with the first three of the American Ninja series. Surprisingly, I don't actually have very many Schwarzenegger and Stallone ones in my collection, so they're unfairly under-represented.

Anyway.

I see that IDW Publishing has posted a sizable preview of Darwyn Cooke's adaptation of Richard Stark's The Hunter on their website. looks great, but then, I expected it to.

I also read today that Gillian Anderson may be playing the evil Rani (a female Time Lord) on the next season of Doctor Who opposite Matt Smith's new Doctor. It's possible, I suppose – I believe she actually has a residence in the UK – but then, I remember similar rumors over the last few years, like the one about Anthony Stewart Head playing The Master... we'll see.

The advance word on the new Star Trek movie is encouraging. I'm very eager to see it. I may even try to get in an afternoon matinee the opening week... word is that J.J. Abrams and his team have really pulled off something of a miracle – a reboot that's inviting to a new audience while not alienating the die hard fans. Looking forward to it.

Oh well. I'll try and post something more interesting this weekend.

2 comments:

Craig Zablo said...

What? Not enough Stallone? Of course, there's never enough Stallone! LOL!

Sorry to hear you've been feeling ill. Glad to see you're posting again!

Charles Gramlich said...

Sorry to hear about your sciatica. My school work production has been high. My writing production nil.