Personal blog - and temporary home page until new website is finished - of writer, editor and graphic artist Christopher Mills


Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Whew!

I spent nearly twenty hours straight yesterday – with only a few short breaks – doing all of the final production on the Femme Noir Volume One: The Dark City Diaries trade paperback collection and uploading the print files to the Ape Entertainment server. From roughly 6 AM Tuesday to 2 AM Wednesday, I sat in front of this computer, going over each page one last time, re-naming and re-numbering the files, and uploading them to the publisher.

My back is still killing me.

All four issues. All eight original covers. Two bonus stories. A foreword. An afterword. A sketch book. Biographies of me and Joe. 148 pages + covers... and I seriously underestimated how long it would take.

Whew, again.

And somewhere in there, I recorded a podcast interview for the Ape guys about the book. I'm not certain that I was very coherent. I'll let you know when and where it appears so we can all have a good laugh.

Now I have to get back to writing. I have a script and a short story I'm determined to finish by the end of the month. And then, a couple of big design jobs. And then?

Probably a nervous breakdown. :)

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

I hate those kind of marathon sesssions. I can't do em like I used to.