Personal blog - and temporary home page until new website is finished - of writer, editor and graphic artist Christopher Mills


Sunday, January 25, 2009

Buck Rogers!

This, my friends, is one cool friggin' statue! This is the new Buck Rogers statue from my pal (and employer) Michael Hudson's ReelArt Studios.

Sculpted by artist Tony Cipriano, this figure is 16 inches high(!) – including the smoke from Buck's rocket pack. The detailing is incredible, and remarkably faithful to the original comics art. I particularly love the jet of flame from the muzzle of Buck's ray gun.

Now, as mentioned above, I work for Michael, editing his Sequential Pulp comic book line, but he didn't pay me to plug this thing. I just think it looks amazing, and as one space opera fanatic to (I presume) others, I wanted to share it. For more shots of the sculpt, click here.

1 comment:

Craig Zablo said...

That is a very cool statue!