Personal blog - and temporary home page until new website is finished - of writer, editor and graphic artist Christopher Mills


Monday, September 29, 2008

"Don't be sure I'm as crooked as I'm supposed to be..."

I rarely take these kinds of online "tests," but I was curious...

Your result for
The Classic Leading Man Test ...

Humphrey Bogart

You scored 40% Tough, 19% Roguish, 43% Friendly, and 0% Charming!

You're the original man of honor, rough and tough but willing to stick your neck out when you need to, despite what you might say to the contrary. You're a complex character full of spit and vinegar, but with a soft heart and a tender streak that you try to hide. There's usually a complicated dame in the picture, someone who sees the real you behind all the tough talk and can dish it out as well as you can. You're not easy to get next to, but when you find the right partner, you're caring and loyal to a fault. A big fault. But you take it on the chin and move on, nursing your pain inside and maintaining your armor...until the next dame walks in. Or possibly the same dame, and of all the gin joints in all the world, it had to be yours. Co-stars include Ingrid Bergman and Lauren Bacall, hot chicks with problems.


Want to take the test?

4 comments:

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

I took the test and I was John Wayne - You, my friend, are a man's man, the original true grit, one tough talking, swaggering son of a bitch. You're not a bad guy, on the contrary, you're the ultimate good guy, but you're one tough character, rough and tumble, ready for anything. You call the shots and go your own way, and if some screwy dame is willing to accept your terms, that's just fine by you. Otherwise, you'll just hit the open trail and stay true to yourself. You stand up for what you believe and can handle any situation, usually by rushing into the thick of the action. You're not polished and you're not overly warm, but you're a straight shooter and a real stand up guy. Co-stars include Lauren Bacall and Maureen O'Hara, tough broads who can take care of themselves.

Ian Sokoliwski said...

Yeesh. I got Bogie too :)

Glen Davis said...

I got Cary Grant!

Anonymous said...

The Duke for me. I think it was the never leave me alone with their girlfriend that did it. Boy, you steal one red-haired nurse away from a pilot and it follows you for the rest of your life!