Personal blog - and temporary home page until new website is finished - of writer, editor and graphic artist Christopher Mills


Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Wednesday Cover: Super Sons!

"Nope!"

I still remember buying this comic at the corner store here in Belgrade. I miss covers like this Nick Cardy classic, which would set up a situation that made you really want to read the story inside, either because the cover image was really cool, or – as in this case – so friggin' nuts.

This was the first "Super Sons" story I read, and I thought it was pretty damned cool. Of course, I was 8 years old. Fortunately, DC recently reprinted this story, and the rest of the World's Finest stories that featured the "Super Sons" in a handsome trade paperback. The stories are dated, corny and bizarre in that distinctive Bob Haney way, but you know, they're still pretty damned cool.

4 comments:

Craig Zablo said...

LOL! I remember those Super Sons issues well. You are so right about the covers.

Thanks for the memory, boss!

Charles Gramlich said...

I have only vague recollections that there were some super son stories.

Andy said...

I used to love the Super Sons issues, as well as the Superman Family and Batman Family Giants.

Sidney said...

Good to know about that trade paper collection. I loved the super sons stories, though I never read the one you feature there.