Personal blog - and temporary home page until new website is finished - of writer, editor and graphic artist Christopher Mills


Monday, February 11, 2008

Steve Gerber R.I.P.

Cripes. Another one. Steve Gerber, creator of Howard the Duck, and one of the most original and intelligent comics writers ever, has passed away.

I loved the original issues of Howard, and pretty much everything else I ever read by Gerber – The Defenders, Man-Thing, Tales of the Zombie, Hard Time, hell, even Destroyer Duck. He was also the creator of one of the great Saturday morning adventure toons, Thundarr the Barbarian. How cool is that?

Mark Evanier has a very good memorial at his blog. Go read it.

Rest in Peace, Steve.

1 comment:

Bill Spangler said...

Not only was Gerber a tremendous writer, he was also generous enough to do an interview with me when he had no idea who I was or who I represented. And several months after the interview, a character named Eugene "The Star" Spangler, a rock star loosely patterned after Alice Cooper, appeared in the pages of Man-Thing...