Personal blog - and temporary home page until new website is finished - of writer, editor and graphic artist Christopher Mills


Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Well, hell.

My sciatica is still slowing me down, which really sucks. Not only do I have a lot of things to write, but I feel more like writing than I have in months.

(So why am I wasting time with a blog post? 'Cause I wanna. Deal.)

Unfortunately the pain in my leg still severely limits my writing time, and makes even goofing off uncomfortable. I'm seeing my doctor again tomorrow, and I'm hopeful that we can come up with some sort of effective treatment that doesn't involve going under the knife again.

If all goes well – and I haven't forgotten how to do the posting – there should be a new DVD Late Show column at Quick Stop Entertainment on Wednesday. (I have no idea when I'll get the actual DVD Late Show website updated – soon, I hope.) I've been working on it all week in fits and starts, and it's the longest one I've written yet. But then, I've got several months worth of discs to work through – especially if I want to keep receiving those complimentary review copies. ;)

Oh yeah – I ordered a few more graphic novels, too. Red Sonja/Claw: The Devil's Hand by John Layman and Andy Smith, Gotham Central: Unresolved Targets by Greg Rucka, Ed Brubaker, Michael Lark, & Stefano Gaudiano, and the new Jonah Hex: Face Full of Violence, collection by Justin Gray & Jimmy Palmiotti and Luke Ross. Hey, I said I wanted to read more comics this year. Next on my list is Fear Agent: Re-Ignition, by Rick Remender (even though I hated Sea of Red, I'm going to give the guy one more chance) and Huntress: Darknight Daughter, which reprints the earliest stories of the original, Earth-2 Huntress, by Paul Levitz and Joe Staton! I'm also open to suggestions, folks – trades only, though.

Anyway, I need to get back to work while I can still bear the pain. Just wanted to make a brief status report, and I've done that. Later, folks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see the column again. I was surprised at how many of those movies I've seen.

The trouble with Sho Kosugi is that his English got worse with every movie.