Personal blog - and temporary home page until new website is finished - of writer, editor and graphic artist Christopher Mills


Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Good Bye To Bad Kidney!

Well, just freshened up the pain meds so that I may manage to remain sitting upright long enough to type the following brief note:

I am alive, and now short one cancer-ridden kidney.

I am home. Hospital care sucks. Home is better, even when it's not.

I am in pain. Lots of pain.

Recovery is taking longer that I was led to believe it would. Shouldn't be surprised: everybody tries to put a positive spin on things pre-surgery – and I've got (literally) a foot-long incisicion right through the major muscle group of the human body. Gee, why shouldn't I be surprised that it still hurts like hell?

I am not back to working on anything yet. Lots to do; feeling eager to get back to it. Hopefully tomorrow, I'll be able to do a little writing (more importantly, though, hopefully tomorrow, I'll be able to bathe). Still haven't even made it through my various e-mail accounts, so if you've e-mailed me, it may be a while 'till I respond.

Now it hurts, and I have lay down. Total time upright, twenty minutes. Not bad.

G'night.

9 comments:

Glen Davis said...

Glad you're back home. Hope you make a speedy recovery.

Andy said...

Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, boss. Keep us updated on your progress!

Unknown said...

Get better and get back to us, my friend. Very happy to hear the surgery was a success. Take care!

Tom Waltz

Anthony Schiavino said...

Get well Boss. Glad to hear you're home.

Christopher Mills said...

Thanks all.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear your vagrant organ is gone. Now heal up fast!

Mark Verheiden said...

I started reading your site after you linked to mine and enjoy it very much. Another Maniac Cop fan! Really sorry to hear about your illness, and best of luck in your recovery.

Mark Verheiden

Gary Chaloner said...

(Hope this thing works this time...)

Hi Chris! Glad to hear you're back home! Ya big lug!