Personal blog - and temporary home page until new website is finished - of writer, editor and graphic artist Christopher Mills


Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Art of Joe Staton

Joe Staton is – obviously – one of my favorite comic book artists. I've been a fan for most of my life, and I'm honored to have been his collaborator on the Femme Noir comic strip and comic book for the last few years. It astounds me that he's not more in demand by DC and the other major comics publishers, especially since I think his work is as vibrant and dramatic and dynamic as ever, if not moreso. His pencils on the forthcoming Femme Noir miniseries may be the best he's ever done.

Here are a handful of my favorite Joe Staton covers. Enjoy!







2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Do you watch Smallville? If so, what do you think of their take on the Green Lantern and Flash?

Christopher Mills said...

I haven't watched ßmallville since sometime in the third season. I really got to hate it, and haven't desired to revisit it since.

Of course, I don't have cable anymore, so that's been easy.